July 26, 2006

An alternative to THAT coffee shop.

Excellent ***** Good **** Average *** Poor ** Lousy *

This blog is for coffee lovers in NYC who want an alternative to Starbucks. When I moved to NYC, I was surprised by the lack of independently owned coffee shops. Gone are the days of sitting in a coffeehouse, listening to poetry and exchanging ideas. Nowadays, coffeehouses seem to be filled with pretentious, hipster drones who are joined at the hip to their laptops. I guess I'm old school. I miss the days when baristas had body piercings and purple hair instead of looking like clean-cut, corporate robots who are ready to serve you with a phony smile. It's unfortunate that Starbucks is ALL a lot of people know about coffee.

I am now going on a quest to check out and rate coffeehouses in NYC. Let's see what else life has to offer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea, I want to open a coffee shop in another country and I am researching here too, so your info is very helpful.
Thank you for your time and opinion.

About Me

My photo
I'm complex and multidimensional.